87 The Truth About Carbs and HIIT Cardio Strategies To Maximize Fat Loss with 3x Champ Matt Stirling
How To Customize Your Carb Intake, Maximizing Your HIIT Cardio Training and Carb Myths Your Trainer Is Telling You..
Today on the show we have 3x Bodybuilding Champion and WBFF Pro, Matt Stirling. More importantly beyond his great success, Matt’s one of the most humble, kind and easiest guys to talk to. His down to earth, no fluff approach to nutrition and training made this episode highly tactical and is packed with expert tips of carving out a leaner body.
Other than being a 3x champ he’s a coach, gym owner, father, husband and creator of the customized carb cycling solution our topic today..
Matt and I dive deep into the truth about carbs for better performance in your workouts, looking amazing, building muscle and how he would coach me towards my goals if build 10 lbs of muscle in 6 months.
If you’re confused about carbs, and want to maximize your training listen to this episode and grab a pencil and paper. Matt and I cover many simple step by step strategies you can start using today (right now!) to optimize your body.
TIP: If you haven’t gone through the Ultimate Fat Loss Diet Set Up Course and want to set up you own diet like a pro, like Matt. I highly suggest you try it. What do you have to lose? Its Free. Plus you 3 free bonus gifts. 🙂
- How to eat for performance and aesthetics.
- Carbs and fat loss, what to do and where to start if you’re overweight.
- How to regain insulin sensitivity using a carb cycling approach and where to start.
- How to use a mini keto-ish type diet to regain sensitivity and accelerate fat loss.
- Can you eat them at night?
- Simple, easy ways to get the most out of HIIT training for getting lean and ripped.
You’ll enjoy this episode if you’re looking for a simple strategy to enjoy your life while making progress in your journey towards getting lean, ripped and healthy.
Love the podcast? Leave a review in Itunes!
IN THIS EPISODE:
- 4:00 Becoming a world champ, learning the rope
- 8:55 What is carb cycling?
- 11:00 How maximize your carb cycling for fat loss. The action step you can use now.
- 12:30 The 21 day reboot phase.
- 13:45 Common symptoms you don’t have enough electrolytes and fats in your diet when going low carb.
- 14:50 Carb clocking for fat loss, when, what and one simple trick to increase fat oxidation.
- 17:20 The best post workout meal for fat loss after high intensity training.
- 20:20 The actual need for carbs for gaining strength? How many? Training fasted, the pitfalls.
- 25:00 Matt’s personal recommendations if he were coaching me using carb cycling for building 10 lbs of muscle.
- 30:10 Carbs for athletes. Distance runners and physique athletes.
- 31:40 Who should not use carb cycling.
- 35:40 How to maximize your time in the gym to burn fat and build lean muscle on a ¾ day a week program.
- 36:30 Effective HIIT training for increasing fat loss and using HIIT for a warm up?
- 39:20 Training your different energy systems using different types of HIIT.
- 43:00 Myths your trainer might be telling you about carbs. Can you eat them at night? Will carbs make you fat?
- 47:00 Key strategies for optimizing your carb intake, insulin sensitivity. Lactic acid training and fasted workouts.
- 48:00 Where to go to find Matt!
SHARE THE PODCAST
Please share our Podcast with your family and friends. Share, Like and Comment on our posts on Facebook, Instagram & Twitter.
I would love to hear from you and what experts you would like to hear on The Lean Ripped and Healthy and the questions you want answered by our world class guests.
Leave your suggestions over on facebook!
Did you like the show? If you did, we would truly appreciate it if you can take 60 seconds to subscribe and give us a 5 star review on iTunes.